Monday, February 14, 2011

Menu Monday

Happy Valentine’s Day! My family and I don’t celebrate V-Day, but I realize that some of you do so I figured I’d recognize. Smile Zoolu! Celebrates it though! Did you see the new sale going on over there? Check it out. Mondays are always hard…hopefully everyone had a nice weekend that was productive but also relaxing. Last week was a particularly long week for me and for no reason at all. I couldn’t figure it out! I just couldn’t wait for the weekend. My weekend was wonderful though and the 70 degree weather didn’t hurt!

Are you excited for Menu Monday? I sure am! I am really hoping that we can all get some new dinner ideas to spice some things up. Below is my list and a few recipes. Hope you enjoy!

Monday – Chicken Fajitas – this is just a random recipe I throw together

Tuesday – Mango Chutney Chicken – This recipe is from HERE. I LOVE this blog. I get a lot of my recipes from here. It’s actually my old squadrons cooking blog. My favorite recipes tend to fall under the names Jennifer Attaway, Deanne Anderson, Megan Glynn and Kelly Birckett. You can find their names on the left-hand side.

Ingredients:
4 Chicken Breasts
Salt/pepper
1 red pepper
1 1/2 c. whipping cream
1 minced garlic
1-2 t. curry
1 T. red chili paste (Sambal Oelek)
1/2 c. mango chutney
Slivered almonds

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 225 C
2. Cut chicken – season – fry in frying pan (or boil/bake if that is quicker/easier for you)
3. Dice pepper and mix with chicken in an oven-safe dish.
4. Whisk whipping cream – add all ingredients.
5. Pour over chicken and bake for 20 minutes.

Wednesday – Chili – again, just a random thing I throw together. A secret ingredient I like to add is a ranch dressing packet. Everything else is normal chili stuff.

Thursday – Pizza RollI went to a party a few weeks ago and a gal had brought this super easy dish. The nice thing about this is that you can change it up as much as you’d like.

Dough (I buy premade wheat dough frm Trader Joe’s

Marinara, pepperoni, mozzarella cheese.

Unroll dough, place ingredients on the dough, roll up and place in oven. 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes. I made a few of these to throw into the freezer for a night when I don’t feel like cooking. Easy peasy!

Friday – Probably eat out.

Misc – I decided to make Monkey Bread for the week. Have you ever had this? It is sinful and delicious! It's basically a cinnamon roll mess of pure goodness. I think it's good for the soul.

3 cans of "Grands" size biscuits (10 in each can)
1 cup sugar
3 TBS cinnamon
1 cup chopped pecans
1 stick butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar

Cut each biscuit into 4ths. Toss sugar, cinnamon, and biscuit pieces in a ziploc bag until well coated. Lightly spray bundt pan with Pam. Layer biscuits in pan. Sprinkle pecans on top (I probably won’t do this because my husband isn’t a huge fan). Next mix butter and brown sugar and pour over top of biscuits. Bake at 350 degress for 30-45 minutes. Let cool slightly and then pull off bite size pieces and enjoy!

Now it’s time to pay it forward with some of your delicious recipes and meal ideas Smile

2 comments:

  1. Yummo -- I've decided that I'm just going to crash dinners at your place all week! j/k Here's our menu:

    Monday: Slow-cooked Pulled Pork Sandwiches with French Fries
    Tuesday: Southwest Meatloaf (add cilantro, diced banana peppers and top with salsa instead of ketchup -- hmmm!)
    Wednesday: Chicken and Broccoli Pasta Toss
    Thursday: Indian food (I love shopping at a local Indian market...so I make it with their Rice-a-Roni equivalent!)
    Friday: Lemon Garlic Chicken with Rice
    Saturday: Taco night with friends (they are teaching me how to make home-made taco shells...I'll share the recipe next week!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That meatloaf sounds to-die-for. Indian food is one of our favorite meals here but I've never thought about going to an Indian market. That is a great idea! Yes, please let us know how to make homemade taco shells. Anything fried is good in my book :)

    ReplyDelete

 

© 2010. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs