Monday, May 30, 2011

Summer Activities

Well hello there everyone! Sorry we’ve been a MIA! Things have been busy busy around here. I hope everyone had a nice, long Memorial Weekend. Smile

A couple weeks back, I wrote a post asking about activities for little munchkins. I came across a great list, so I thought I’d share! A lot of the activities are no brainers, but it’s nice to see them on paper (or computer screen). Sometimes we forget about all the FREE things we can do just around our neighborhood!

Maybe you and your kiddo could make a “Bucket List” of things you want to do by the end of the summer? Some of these might be perfect!

6a00e39825a5bb88330115719ebf3c970b-320pi

100 FREE THINGS to do with your kids this summer….

This list is full of great ideas, but here are just a few of my favorites:

Library

Cook with the kids

Plant a garden!

Blow up Diet Coke with Mentos (even I want to try this!!!)

Travel around the world. Have English scones for breakfast, Chinese Stir Fry for lunch, Italian for dinner. Make a craft to go with each country, get a library book with photos of these places. (maybe even see if you have a friend your child can become pen pals with.)

You could also go to your favorite Baby Boutique and shop around. Smile We have so many wonderful outdoor toys! I love the Melissa and Doug sprinkler. You can get a girl version or a boy version.

6251-SunnyPatch-BlossomBright-Sprinkler6249-SunnyPatch-GrubScoutSprinkler

This would be awesome for any kid. So much better than sitting inside watching TV!

I also love the Melissa and Doug Bug House. If I were a lightening bug, I wouldn’t mind this as a house. Smile

Bella_Butterfly__4b79220891c19Happy_Giddy_Bug__4b792f0310884

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2010. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs