Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Mom, I'm soooooooooooo bored!

It's almost that time of year when the kids are out of school and you're pulling your hair out because you are running out of things to do with your antsy kids. Right? Some might say I can't relate (yet) because my little one is just 8 months old. I still pull my hair out somedays though because I worry about little BG getting bored.

Anywho, what are some of your favorite summer activities that keep your children entertained? How do you beat the boredom blues? My baby can't even talk yet and even I don't want to hear "Mom, I'm bored!" My response would probably be "here's a rag, go dust." Haha. Just kidding! I'm starting to sound like a mean mommy!

Ok ok, I came across THIS and I think many of you may love this idea! A BORED JAR! If you're a crafter, you could make a really pretty jar to leave on the counter. If you're not crafty, have no fear! Just take a spaghetti jar and put your activities onto strips of paper. It's all the same in the end anyway. :)


Here's an example from Shaydes of LifeIncluded in the "bored jar" are some "terribles" as well as exciting things to do. My terrible would definitely be "go dust your room". hehe One of my fun activities would be to go get ice cream. The idea is that whatever the paper says, you have to do it no matter what. So, if its go get ice cream make sure you're able to drop what you're doing too.

Here are some other ideas for your jar...
Play with chalk
Read
Exercise
Water plants
Write a letter to Grandma and Grandpa
Set the table for dinner
Listen to music
Take a nap

And here are some ideas for jars!






This last one is my favorite! I found it over at Becoming Martha. She takes this to a whole new level! I love how she wrote her activities on popsicle sticks. Plus, my heart thumps for cute little owls. Hoot hoot!



So, how do you combat boredom?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2010. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs