Thursday, March 31, 2011

GoGo Babyz Kidz Travelmate

imageNow that I’m back in school, I am forced—after many, many years—to stretch my critical thinking skills. And the more I do it, the more I realize that my life as a mother of three is one big word problem. How do you get 1 mom, a 2 month old, a 2 ½ year old and a 3 ½ year old from Cincinnati, Ohio to Frankfurt, Germany while protecting the very precious sanity of said mother? A lot of logistic preparation!


To be very honest, when I fly with my three kids anywhere I start visualizing the process about three weeks out. How many bags, car seats, and strollers will I have? How will I get from the car to theKidz_Travelmate_4b795e7e54239 terminal? What’s the easiest way to get through security? I’m a control freak, so I plan down to who holds which bags. When my youngest was born and I knew we would be doing a trans-Atlantic flight soon after, I panicked a little bit. Short of putting all my kids on leashes (no offense if that’s your solution) the GoGo Babyz Travelmate was clearly the best option. My child’s car seat hooked onto it so easily and it’s incredibly easy to maneuver. You don’t even have to remove it to hook into the airline seat, just pop the wheels off and you’re good to go. It’s also so much easier to get through security than a stroller! Prior to GoGo Babyz, there really was no easy way of getting your car seat on the airplane short of dragging it or slinging it on your back (I’ve done both). GoGo Babyz Travelmate makes it easy and you can put it to good use an infinite number of times.


A few traveling tricks I’ve learned along the way….


** If you choose to take a stroller through security and don’t want to, or can’t break it down to get it through the machine, just ask them to “wand it” it may take a few more minutes, but if saves you from unstrapping everyone and trying to keep track of three or more kiddos in the security line, it’s totally worth it.


** When I travel with the GoGo Babyz Travelmate or a stroller I attach a small carabiner and some climbing rope (or something similar) to the handle. I have my oldest hang onto it as we travel through the airport or really anywhere crowded. It makes us both feel better, when I don’t have enough hands for everyone to hold.


Happy travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2010. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs